Effective date: May 6, 2018
Rhonda Sermon's newsletter ("us", "we", or "our") operates the
rhondasermon.com website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and
disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We will only collect and use you Personal Data where:
We have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
We are performing a contract with you for our services; and
We have legitimate interests in using your Personal Dara and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), Rhonda Sermon, is the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via rhondasermon.com (“the website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign up to receive free content, including eBooks, videos, special offers and mailings.
We collect: e-mail address, first name, last name (and in the case of giveaways or the sale of book boxes, the winner/purchaser will be asked for a delivery address).
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your personal data to:
- process and manage your sign up to our mailing list
- respond to your questions, comments, and requests
- where you opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences/ may be of interest to you.
- improve our services by analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data related to children under 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, please so not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can aske the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email email@example.com.
- see what Personal Data we hold bout you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data
- ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data
- withdraw any consents you have given to the processing of your personal data;
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data
8. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9 Contact us